Why are there warning passages if God has promised that our salvation will not be lost?
This post is three years late. In 2018, I contributed an article on the topic of the irrevocable nature of salvation and the warning passages, focusing on John’s Gospel.
The online link to the article can be found here. Or download below.
The whole list of contributors can be found here.
- “Warning Passages in the Synoptic Gospels in I. Howard Marshall’s Kept by the Power of God” by Stephen I. Wright (Spurgeon’s College, London)
- “How Does One Interpret the New Testament Warning Passages While Affirming the Irrevocable Nature of Salvation? – Catholic Epistles” by Nathan Nzyoka Joshua (Africa International University, Kenya)
- “Warning Texts and the Irrevocable Nature of God’s Election” by Carl Judson Davis (Bryan College, Tennesseee)
- “Warning Passages and Irrevocable Salvation in Johannine Soteriology: A Case Study of John 15:6” by L. Jared Garcia (BJU Seminary, South Carolina)
- “How Does One Interpret the New Testament Warning Passages While Affirming the Irrevocable Nature of Salvation? – Free Grace Perspective” by Marty Cauley (Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, North Carolina)
- “Reading the New Testament Warning Passages in Light of Systematic Theology” by D. Glenn Butner, Jr. (Sterling College, Kansas)
- “Authority of Scripture and the Doctrine of Salvation in the Patristic Period” by Jack Kilcrease (Institute of of Lutheran Theology, South Dakota)
- “Divine Grace, the Human Will, and the Nature of Salvation” by Isuwa Y. Atsen (Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Illinois)
- “Divine Grace, the Nature of Human Will, and the Irrevocable Nature of Salvation” by Tersur Akuma Aben (Theological College of Northern Nigeria, Nigeria)
- “How Does the Assurance of Salvation in Baptist Theology Nurture the Christian Psyche for Obedience?” by Tamra J. Hernandez (Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Texas)
- “How Does the Assurance of Salvation in Reformed Theology Nurture the Christian Psyche for Obedience?” by Babatunde Ogunlana (Baptist Theological Seminary, Nigeria)